Praise the Lord! How good is it to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! Psalm 147
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Ok and one more thing
Ok you all will probably find this creepy, but last Friday I went driving through Cave Hill Cemetery Just to make myself sound less creepy I would like to state that it is on the National Register of Historic Places, and therefore not so weird.
I love coming here! I love how peaceful and quiet and slow it is. I love the trees, and the flowers, and the lake. I love that I can think with no interruptions. I love the architecture, and the history, and the imagination.
Anyways, when I saw this sight, I felt I had to stop immediately and take a picture (even a bad one). The statue is a young girl with her back arched reaching up to the heavens and the tree in absolute perfect bloom over and behind her, ready to meet her outstretched arms--as if she was grasping heaven in her very fingertips. Her grave had the verse Psalm 19:1, "the heavens declare the glory of God and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." --A perfect verse for this picture! Yes! God's very creation points to our loving God who has saved us through Jesus!
Psalm 19:1 is not a common verse to see at a cemetery, so I felt encouraged and hopeful that this girl was possibly a believer. If she truly believed in Jesus, and confessed and repented of her sins then she is in heaven right now! The picture I took is only shadows of what is to come for believers.
That's all!
P.s. want to know what is really creepy?? You can read the "stats" on your blog (which I did not know) and people from Japan, Argentina, China, and Africa have looked at my blog. Now THAT is creepy. Unchecking Internet Search Option, now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment