Friday, January 7, 2011

Here we go again...



Andrew and I are rich...in Chic Fil A coupons! We attended my 2nd Chic Fil A opening this week and Andrew's 3rd. Since only crazy (or poor) people go to Chic Fil A openings in January, there were not 100 people at 6am and therefore we all were guaranteed the 52 coupons! We still had to camp out and did I mention the opening was an hour away? At 3am on Wednesday morning we woke up and got ready. Left at 4:30am to get gas, got to Georgetown, KY a little before 6. Then we had to stay in the parking lot for 24 hours!

It was cold.

There were many layers.

I thought we wouldn't make it.



I sent the above picture to both my bosses around 7:00 in the morning. I knew they would think it was funny. One replied, "We will pray for a heat wave."

Ironically I am memorizing Psalm 27 right now. Verse 5 that I am working on says:
For he will hide me in his shelter
in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
he will lift me high upon a rock. (or parking lot)

The rest of my time was spent re-reading "Evidence Not Seen: A Woman's Miraculous Faith in the Jungles of World War 2." This book is excellent! Darlene Deibler Rose was a missionary in Indonesia when the war began. She and her husband were sent to Japanese prison camps and Darlene never saw her husband again. Her faith is amazing, encouraging, and worth reading about.

Here I am reading. (I took this picture from Neil)







Andrew played lots of games, including 4 square for about 2 hours. I broke a really nice frisbee when it landed on a curb and split into two pieces. Sorry Matt!

The free food was worth it, but we are very happy to be home. Thank Chic Fil A for giving us free stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment