Thursday, July 7, 2011

June/July

Well I have not written an update in here for quite awhile, but really there just has not been much to say! My memory card for the camera is still stuck in my lap top (hilarious), and I have not been motivated to retrieve it.

June and July so far have been weeks of surprises for us. Two weeks ago today, Andrew had to have outpatient surgery and the recovery for it has been very slow. I think we thought he would just bounce back after a weekend of rest, but instead he has been in a lot of pain and discomfort. It has been a change for me in many ways. I am so used to depending on my husband for support and spiritual encouragement. It was different to be the one praying for his encouragement and well being, to be closely serving his needs, AND driving him everywhere! Thankfully though he seems to have made a turn for the better in the last 2 days. He's no longer needing to take the potent pain pills back to back, or feeling sick or nauseous. Truly this time has filled me with compassion for those at IBC who are in pain literally all the time, or serve their loved ones who are in pain. I also thought of biographies I've read of so many pastors and missionaries that suffered their whole life time in terrible pain and sickness. Our bodies are so frail!


Secondly, my own health has been surprising. I went to the Dr. last week b/c I felt as if I'd had funny heart beats and problems breathing. He drew a ton of blood and I found out that I have border line high blood sugar--even though I hadn't eaten anything that day. My doctor told me I must change my diet drastically to avoid entering into the diabetes/medicine realm. My thyroid also came back positive for something, and something with the x-ray of my back did too. They taped a heart monitor on me for 24 hours as well. There were a few other things that were questionable, and I go back tomorrow after work to get the full results!

All that to say, we are falling apart! But. still trusting the Lord. It can be so tempting in this life to trust even in good health, but the Lord does not guarantee or promise us that. He wants us to fix our eyes upward and long for heaven--our true home, where we will receive our new bodies. If He wills us to have poor health, then we must depend on Christ alone to be our solid rock. Psalm 121 has been sweet to read this week with its reminders of how God cares for us. I'm so thankful that because of Christ we can still say, "It is WELL with my soul" !

No comments:

Post a Comment