Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall




Today as I was pulling out of VM, I finally saw a hint of fall! I stopped to take a picture because I was so excited. Fall is, hands down, Louisville's best season.

Fall, or any season, is just another excuse to go to my favorite local coffee shop: Sunergos
I just realized that I first starting coming here 4 years ago because of two good friends: Jill and PJ. They invited me one day because Ben Sollee --then unknown, now QUITE known-- was playing cello in the coffee shop.

Sunergos was immediately behind my apartment at the time, so it quickly became an easy escape to think, journal, read, laugh, skip class (!) or pray. It also became the hub of hundreds of conversations with friends or strangers about God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ.

One conversation that I'll always remember is when Jill, the friend who initially invited me to Sunergos, called me over one afternoon to tell me she finally understood the gospel. "I'm 100% in!" she exclaimed. Jill had been considering Christianity for almost a year until the Lord graciously opened her eyes and saved her. Some of us had been fervently praying that she would surrender her life, confess her sins, and trust in Christ's work alone to be saved. What a joy to see prayer answered! In fact, during that time, many people I knew also trusted in Christ's work on the cross and are still living faithful lives today. It was a demonstration of God's power that I knew could only be from God.

Remembering these things, is a reminder to pray for the powerful Spirit of God to come down. To pray, saturate myself with the Word, pursue others, and to be obedient to what the Spirit of God may ask me to do. Come Holy Spirit!


Best Chai Latte in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment