Andrew and I both had the same day off this week (Wednesday) which gave us extra time to hang out and have some fun. We've been talking about how to better love and serve one another throughout the week. We met with one of our pastors and his wife recently to talk about marriage, and one suggestion they had was for me to actually tell Andrew sweet or romantic things to do in the future. This may sound predictable or even a strange thing to do, but they had a good point: Andrew can't read my mind! I was only able to think of one or two things... but...
Wednesday morning, to my great surprise, Andrew jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway. There was some clanging in the kitchen for about 30 minutes, and then my sweet husband brought me breakfast in bed--on a tray! French toast and coffee and creamer. mmm.
Date day wasn't over though. I was told to be back from the grocery store by 11 and upon my return we went to the movies to see Eclipse (yes). I had been begging Andrew to take me. Honestly the movie has awful themes in it, and I disliked the books, but somehow have an appreciation for bad girly movies. Poor Andrew had to endure the giggles and sighs of teenage girls for about 2 hours, but I had a blast!
We spent the rest of the day reading, making dinner--Julie Cratty's calzone recipe! and went to church for prayer and fellowship. All in all, it was a blessed day of fun. Thanks sweetie, for loving your wife well!
Way to go, Andrew King!! Only three months into marriage and already pulling off breakfast-in-bed?! I am totally impressed. Also glad y'all enjoyed the calzones - those are a staple around the Cratty household=) And I think it's a great idea for you to give Andrew ideas - Flynn actually has a word document on our computer, with a running list of date-type things that I've told him I'd like to do, ideas for surprises, present ideas, etc - he says it helps him out a ton. The pastor who married us actually keeps a list of small gift ideas (under $5) in his wallet next to a picture of his wife, so he's reminded to pick up gifts from time to time to bring home to her. Sweet!
ReplyDelete